Bud Light Launches Major Summer Campaign Amid Boycott and Decline in Sales

5Mind. The Meme Platform
The Epoch Times Header

A Bud Light executive said the company will be tripling its investment in the beleaguered brand over the summer in the midst of a boycott after it promoted a transgender influencer earlier this year.

Anheuser-Busch, the parent company, has “more than tripled our already weighty national media investment” behind Bud Light, the company’s vice president, Todd Allen, told Variety magazine in a recent interview.

“We want to show up in all relevant occasions in summer—backyard barbecues, stadiums and sports venues,” Allen said on June 22. “That’s what counts and that’s what we are focused on.”

Over the past three months or so, Bud Light has lost billions in sales and market value, with data from Bump Williams Consulting and Nielsen IQ showing revenue was down 26.8 percent year-over-year for the week ending June 10. In May, meanwhile, Constellation Brands-owned Modelo Especial was the most-purchased beer in the United States, dethroning Bud Light as the No. 1 beer.

As Allen proclaimed the renewed investment into the brand, Bud Light also released a television commercial, titled “Easy to Summer,” which was derided by people on social media in the wake of the backlash, and it did not make any mention of LGBT themes or content. “Crack a cold one: we’ve got an epic summer ahead. Sock tans included,” Bud Light wrote next to the ad on Twitter.

Responding to the latest ad, conservatives like podcast host Liz Wheeler wrote on Twitter that the company is trying to avoid the controversy. “None of this is funny until & unless you apologize for using Dylan Mulvaney—a man pretending to be a woman—as your spokesperson. It’s insulting that you think an ad about summer will make us forget our principles. The boycott continues,” she asserted in a post.

Boycott

It all started when Bud Light made a promotional can with the face of Dylan Mulvaney, a transgender TikTok influencer, on it. In social media posts, Mulvaney claimed a partnership with Bud Light and prominently displayed the can.

By Jack Phillips

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

An Unseen Tale of Marjorie Taylor Greene

The sudden resignation of Georgia Republican Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene has had journalists and political pundits pondering.

The highway’s hidden hazards

America’s highways, already a patchwork of potholes and billboards, face a deeper crisis in illegal drivers.

‘Social Infertility’: Where Biomedical Profiteering Intersects Social Justice™

“The global surrogacy* market was estimated at USD 22.4 billion...

Were The Brits Behind Bloomberg’s Russian-US Leaks?

Bloomberg shared alleged call transcripts between Trump envoy Steve Witkoff and top Putin aides about discussions on the Ukrainian peace process.

Flipping the Script: When Democrats Project Their Own Instability 

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the most erratic, inconsistent, and emotionally incontinent political figure in recent memory, isn’t tweeting from Mar-a-Lago.

Afghan Parolee Charged With Terroristic Threat

The case, in addition to a recent shooting of...

Cartels Are Scrambling as Fentanyl Precursor Supply From China Dries Up: FBI Director

Beijing halted fentanyl precursor exports, leaving cartels in Mexico, Venezuela, and Colombia scrambling for alternatives that don’t exist.

National Guard Shooting Suspect to Be Charged With First-Degree Murder, Pirro Says

Charges will be upgraded to first-degree murder after one of the two National Guard members shot this week died, the U.S. attorney said.

Trump Says He Will Pardon Ex-Honduran President Convicted by Jury in US Drug Case

President Trump grants a full pardon to ex-Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez, who is serving 45 years in the U.S. for drug and firearms convictions.

Trump Says He Is Canceling All Biden Executive Orders Signed With Autopen

President Trump announced he is revoking executive orders and other presidential actions previously signed by former President Joe Biden using an autopen.

Trump Says US May Cut Income Tax Completely in Next Couple of Years Due to Tariff Income

Trump said the U.S. could end income taxes within a few years, citing tariff revenue as the reason such a shift might be possible.

USCIS Stops Processing All Afghan Immigration Requests After DC National Guard Shooting

USCIS has stopped processing all immigration requests relating to Afghan nationals indefinitely pending further review of security and vetting protocols,
spot_img

Related Articles