RFK Jr. Suspends Presidential Campaign, Backs Trump

5Mind. The Meme Platform

Kennedy is withdrawing from the ballot in battleground states.

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said on Aug. 23 that he’s suspending his campaign and throwing his support behind former President Donald Trump.

“In my heart, I no longer believe that I have a realistic path to electoral victory in the face of this relentless, systematic censorship and media control,” Kennedy said in a speech from Phoenix, Arizona.

“So I cannot, in good conscience, ask my staff and volunteers to keep working their long hours, or ask my donors to keep giving when I cannot honestly tell them that I have a real path to the White House.”

Kennedy, 70, later said that he was supporting Trump, citing their alignment on key issues.

The announcement came amid rising speculation about the future of the campaign after his running mate said earlier this week they were looking at possibly dropping out and endorsing Trump.

Kennedy has seen a dip in the polls in recent months, with many showing support for him consistently in the single digits. His campaign is also facing financial troubles. On Wednesday, Kennedy’s principal campaign committee, Team Kennedy, told the Federal Election Commission it ended July with about $3.9 million in cash on hand and about $3.5 million in debts and obligations.

The remarks came after The Epoch Times obtained a court filing from the Kennedy campaign that referenced a forthcoming “endorsement of Donald Trump for the office of President of the United States.”

The document was filed in a case challenging whether Kennedy should be on the November ballot in Pennsylvania and was published ahead of the address Kennedy delivered. Campaign spokesperson Stefanie Spear later told The Epoch Times that Kennedy was not endorsing the former president.

Withdrawing From Battleground Ballots

Kennedy said in the speech that he was withdrawing his name from ballots in battleground states “where my presence would be a spoiler.”

He urged voters in those states not to vote for him, given his suspended campaign.

At the same time, Kennedy said his name would remain on ballots in the rest of the states and that voters could pick him over Trump, 78, and Vice President Kamala Harris, 59, if they live in those states.

“If you live in a blue state, you can vote for me without harming or helping President Trump or Vice President Harris. In red states, the same will apply,” he said.

Kennedy had been running as an independent presidential candidate after initially launching a 2024 bid as a Democrat.

By Zachary Stieber and Jeff Louderback

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

“Despite” the Truth

Despite signals media skepticism—like “bless his heart”—subtly masking criticism of Trump’s policies and their real-world impact.

Project Anchor 8/12/2026 Gravity Stops for 7 Seconds

Viral story claims a shadowy “Project Anchor” government operation exists above top secret classification, fueling online speculation and intrigue.

Rubio’s Munich Speech Detailed Trump 2.0’s Envisaged New World Order

Sec. of State & Nat’l Security Adv., Marco Rubio, delivered a historic speech at the Munich Security Conference on Trump 2.0’s world order.

Federalism Isn’t a Relic — It’s America’s Political Shock Absorber

The resistance movement in Minneapolis is a glimpse of future conflict over the expansion of federal power, federalism, and the essential role of states.

Republican Voter Surge Shocks!

"Young and minority Americans, including Gen Z and Gen Alpha, are shifting from left to right, influenced by figures like Kirk, Presler, and Minaj."

Meta Chief Zuckerberg Testifies in High-Stakes Social Media Addiction Trial in Los Angeles

Attorneys for the plaintiff questioned Zuckerberg, Meta CEO, on allegations that his products targeted young people despite known harms.

FCC Chair Pushes Back on Allegations of Censorship Over Stephen Colbert Interview

The chairman of the FCC pushed back against allegations of censorship from CBS late-night host Stephen Colbert and a Democratic Texas Senate candidate.

8 Skiers Found Dead After California Avalanche, 1 Still Missing

Eight backcountry skiers caught in an avalanche on Feb. 17 have died, the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office in California confirms.

US Investigating Portland Public Schools for Racial Discrimination

Federal officials are investigating Portland Public Schools for alleged racial discrimination in the Center for Black Student Excellence program.

Trump Admin Looks to Release 2.5 Million Acres of Timberland in Oregon

The Trump admin is moving ahead with its plan to possibly release 2.5 million acres of some of the world’s most productive timberland in western Oregon.

Vance Says Iran Is Ignoring US Red Lines in Talks, Military Option Still on Table

U.S. VP JD Vance said in Geneva talks that Iran is ignoring Washington’s red lines, especially regarding its nuclear program.

Rubio’s Warm Munich Address Carries Stark Warning for Europe

The Munich Security Conference wrapped up, but Sec. of State Marco Rubio’s speech is still making waves in the United States and Europe.

DOGE Says It Helped Terminate Billions of Dollars in New Contracts

DOGE helped terminate hundreds of contracts in the past month or so, providing the first public update on its work in more than a month.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central