Special Counsel John Durham Objects to Anti-Trump Dossier Source Using Classified Information

The Epoch Times Header

Special counsel John Durham is objecting to the proposed use of classified information by a key source for the anti-Trump dossier funded by Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Durham filed the objection in court on Aug. 16.

The filing was under seal, meaning the contents aren’t visible to the public.

But the title of the filing says the objections concern the “use, relevance, and admissibility” of classified information.

It came after Igor Danchenko, the dossier source, advised the court earlier in August that he intended to use classified information in his upcoming trial, which is slated to start in October in Alexandria, Virginia.

That filing was also sealed.

Prosecutors have given more than 5,000 classified documents, and nearly 61,000 unclassified documents, to the defendant ahead of the trial, according to one filing from Durham’s team. Prosecutors said the classified documents produced at that time “represent the bulk of the classified discovery in this matter.”

Prosecutors asked for an extension in producing the rest, which was opposed by Stuart Sears, a lawyer for Danchenko.

Sears said his client needed time to review the classified documents and file the notice that he intended to utilize classified information in his defense.

Charges

Then-Attorney General William Barr appointed Durham, a former U.S. attorney, as special counsel in 2020, directing him to investigate people involved with intelligence activities associated with the 2016 election and the administration of then-President Donald Trump, including the FBI’s operation dubbed Crossfire Hurricane that was focused on alleged collusion between Trump associates and Russia.

Durham was also authorized to investigate the probe completed by special counsel Robert Mueller, which found no evidence of collusion.

Crossfire Hurricane was based in part on the dossier that ex-British spy Christopher Steele, who favored Clinton over Trump, compiled on behalf of the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. The dossier made a series of unsubstantiated allegations, a number of which have since been deemed false by U.S. authorities.

By Zachary Stieber

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

Columns

Justice Delayed is Justice Denied, Prosecute Jeffrey Goldberg!

Jeffrey Goldberg reported on his mistaken inclusion in a signal chat as a hit piece on Trump. Should he be prosecuted under the Espionage Act?

Zelensky Has No Feasible Alternative To Accepting Trump’s Lopsided Resource Deal

Trump warned Zelensky he will have “some problems – big, big problems” if he “tries to back out of the rare earth deal” amidst reports agreement is lopsided.

DOGE and Musk Recover Deleted Computer Files

Elon Musk and his “Geek Squad” discovered an entire terabyte of data was deleted from government servers from the office of the “Institute of Peace”.

A Simple Question

What is a woman? Anyone with an IQ above room temperature can answer the question. Everyone, that is, except Democrats.

Democrats Tesla Takedown is a Proven Astro Turf Movement

Elon Musk and other journalistic leaders like Joe Rogan have been asking the critical question, “Who is behind the organization of these Tesla protests?”

News

Stellantis Pausing Production at Canada, Mexico Plants; 900 US Workers Temporarily Laid Off

Stellantis is pausing production at two assembly plants in Canada and Mexico, resulting in temporary layoffs at five U.S. facilities that supply them.

States to Certify Anti-Discrimination Commitment or Lose Federal Education Funding

State ed. agencies must certify that schools under their jurisdiction are not discriminating based on race or national origin for future federal funding.

Pentagon Watchdog Launches Investigation Into Hegseth Over Use of Signal

The inspector general for the Department of Defense is investigating Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth over his use of the messaging app Signal.

Court Dismisses Appeal of Order Blocking DOGE From Social Security

An appeals court this week dismissed the Trump administration’s appeal of a lower court order that blocked the DOGE from obtaining Social Security data.

US Layoffs Top 275,000 in March, Driven by Government Job Cuts: Report

Layoffs announced by U.S.-based employers soared in March to highest level since COVID-19 pandemic, with govt job cuts accounting for most headcount reduction.

Dow Jones Drops 1,500 Points a Day After Trump Tariff Announcement

U.S. stock indexes dropped after Trump's sweeping tariffs of 10 percent or higher, with Dow Jones plunging by 1,500 points at one point in early trading.

ACLU Sues Trump Admin Over Canceled Grants Tied to DEI, Gender Identity Research

ACLU, public health orgs, unions, and researchers, filed federal lawsuit accusing NIH of unlawfully canceling research grants due to political and ideological pressure.

US Immigration Services Drops 3rd Gender Option

US immigration services agency officially updated policy to recognize only two biological sexes—male and female—for all immigration-related doc and benefit requests.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central