CNN Announces New Rules for Trump–Biden 2024 Presidential Debate

5Mind. The Meme Platform

CNN said its ‘not impossible’ for independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to qualify.

CNN has announced new details of its finalized rules for the first presidential debate of the 2024 election cycle, which will see a rematch between President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump.

The network revealed on June 15 that the debate will last 90 minutes and will include two commercial breaks during which the candidates will not be able to interact with their respective campaign staff.

No pre-written notes or props will be allowed, but the candidates will have a pen and paper so they can take notes during the debate.

The candidates will appear at a uniform podium, with a coin flip to determine their podium positions.

There will be no studio audience for the debate, which will be held in Atlanta on June 27.

The debate will be moderated by CNN’s Jake Tapper and Dana Bash, who the network said “will use all tools at their disposal to enforce timing and ensure a civilized discussion.”

‘Not Impossible’ for RFK Jr. to Qualify

CNN also said that a condition for participation in the debate is that the candidates must obtain at least a 15 percent share in four separate national polls from a list provided by the network. They also must appear on a sufficient number of state ballots to be able to reach the 270 electoral vote threshold needed for a candidate to win the race for the White House.

The network said it’s “not impossible” for independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to meet these conditions, given that he has met the 15 percent threshold in three qualifying polls and, per CNN, is on the ballot in six states, making him eligible for 89 electoral votes.

Mr. Kennedy’s campaign said in a June 14 statement that he is on the ballot in eight states and has collected enough signatures needed for ballot access in a total of 22 states, which would total 538 electoral votes.

Still, CNN said that it appears “less likely” that anyone other than President Biden and President Trump will satisfy its conditions, setting the stage for a repeat of the 2020 showdown between the two men.

By Tom Ozimek

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

Ozempic, What Could Go Wrong?

Humanity often ignores clear warning signs when they conflict with comfort, convenience, vanity, or quick fixes.

Exposing the Hypocrats

Americans are beginning to notice that a large portion of modern politics has become less about serving the people and more about manipulating them.

Germany’s Military Patronage Of Ukraine Is A Crucial Part Of Its Grand Strategy

German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius announced during his recent visit to Kiev that their countries will jointly develop “deep strike” capabilities.

The Constitution Only Works When Congress Works

The Constitution only works when Congress acts as it intends. It cannot work if Congress fails to defend its own institution and the separation of powers.

WATCH What Muslim Men Do To Western Women In The Netherlands – This Will SHOCK You!

Western Europe faces growing political and social division, with critics blaming both left-wing and centrist leadership for ongoing decline.

NASCAR Cup Series Champion Kyle Busch Dies at 41 After ‘Severe Illness’

Two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch has died at the age of 41, after being hospitalized earlier this week with an undisclosed illness.

CDC Warns Malaria Could Be Reintroduced in US

The CDC warned in a new report that malaria, a sometimes fatal blood parasitic disease, could be reestablished in the United States.

Minnesota Fraud Mastermind Sentenced to Nearly 42 Years in Prison

Aimee Bock, leader of Feeding Our Future, will spend 42 years in prison for playing a “central” role in the nation’s largest COVID-19 pandemic scam.

DOJ Charges 15 in $90 Million Minnesota Fraud Schemes

Criminal charges have been filed against 15 accused fraudsters in Minnesota, involving more than $90 million in taxpayers’ dollars, federal officials.

Trump’s Triumphal Arch Approved by Federal Commission

A commission has approved President Donald Trump’s triumphal arch just outside of Washington, a key step toward making the project a reality.

Trump Details Military Complex Above and Below New White House Ballroom

Trump says planned White House ballroom will be the “safest building ever built,” serving ceremonial and national security purposes.

Senate Confirms 49 Trump Nominees, Including Key Energy Officials

The Senate has confirmed 49 nominees selected by President Trump, including officials tapped to oversee federal land management and energy policy.

Trump Heading to China for High-Stakes Summit With Xi

President Trump is set to depart Washington for China, where he will meet with Chinese leader Xi Jinping for a high-stakes summit.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central