Don Lemon Sues Elon Musk Over Canceled X Talk Show Deal

The Epoch Times Header

In a new lawsuit, the former CNN anchor is accusing the Tesla CEO and his social media platform of breach of contract and fraud.

Former CNN anchor Don Lemon is suing Elon Musk and his social media platform X for breach of contract, after Lemon’s show on the platform was scrapped prior to its debut.

In a new filing obtained by The Epoch Times, Lemon is accusing the billionaire tech mogul and his company of “fraud, negligent misrepresentation, misappropriation of name and likeness,” and “unjust enrichment.”

In January, the two entered a content agreement involving Lemon hosting his own show on the platform, court documents say. The deal was worth $1.5 million annually in addition to advertising revenue, full authority over his content, and financial incentives.

According to the lawsuit, filed in San Francisco state court, Lemon claims Musk made “false representations and promises” about the exclusive partnership.

Musk canceled the partnership in March, and the complaint alleges that Lemon had already invested hundreds of thousands of dollars into creating the show.

The complaint says that while there was no signed agreement with X, Lemon had a phone conversation with Musk in June 2023 during which Musk asked him to enter the exclusive partnership despite having initial reservations.

The show was set to be centered around politics, culture, sports, and entertainment divided into three 30-minute episodes a week.

X would be given exclusive rights to the content 24 hours before it was shared to other platforms, and Lemon was promised 60 percent of gross advertising revenue generated from his content and performance threshold payments based on follower counts, the complaint says.

On March 13, Lemon announced in a post on X that Musk had terminated the deal “hours after an interview” Lemon conducted with him on March 8 for the premiere episode of the new show, saying Musk’s “commitment to a global town square where all questions can be asked and all ideas can be shared seems not to include questions of him from people like me.”

In a response on the same day, X said that the platform reserves the right to make decisions regarding its business partnerships, and that, “after careful consideration,” it decided not to enter into a commercial partnership with the Don Lemon Show.

Under the same post, Musk replied that Lemon’s “approach was basically just ‘CNN, but on social media’.”

By Elma Aksalic

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

Columns

Justice Delayed is Justice Denied, Prosecute Jeffrey Goldberg!

Jeffrey Goldberg reported on his mistaken inclusion in a signal chat as a hit piece on Trump. Should he be prosecuted under the Espionage Act?

Zelensky Has No Feasible Alternative To Accepting Trump’s Lopsided Resource Deal

Trump warned Zelensky he will have “some problems – big, big problems” if he “tries to back out of the rare earth deal” amidst reports agreement is lopsided.

DOGE and Musk Recover Deleted Computer Files

Elon Musk and his “Geek Squad” discovered an entire terabyte of data was deleted from government servers from the office of the “Institute of Peace”.

A Simple Question

What is a woman? Anyone with an IQ above room temperature can answer the question. Everyone, that is, except Democrats.

Democrats Tesla Takedown is a Proven Astro Turf Movement

Elon Musk and other journalistic leaders like Joe Rogan have been asking the critical question, “Who is behind the organization of these Tesla protests?”

News

Stellantis Pausing Production at Canada, Mexico Plants; 900 US Workers Temporarily Laid Off

Stellantis is pausing production at two assembly plants in Canada and Mexico, resulting in temporary layoffs at five U.S. facilities that supply them.

States to Certify Anti-Discrimination Commitment or Lose Federal Education Funding

State ed. agencies must certify that schools under their jurisdiction are not discriminating based on race or national origin for future federal funding.

Pentagon Watchdog Launches Investigation Into Hegseth Over Use of Signal

The inspector general for the Department of Defense is investigating Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth over his use of the messaging app Signal.

US Layoffs Top 275,000 in March, Driven by Government Job Cuts: Report

Layoffs announced by U.S.-based employers soared in March to highest level since COVID-19 pandemic, with govt job cuts accounting for most headcount reduction.

Dow Jones Drops 1,500 Points a Day After Trump Tariff Announcement

U.S. stock indexes dropped after Trump's sweeping tariffs of 10 percent or higher, with Dow Jones plunging by 1,500 points at one point in early trading.

7 Takeaways From Trump’s Reciprocal Tariff Roll Out

Trump announced sweeping trade policy changes, introducing what he called “reciprocal tariffs” for all countries and declaring it “Liberation Day in America.”

ACLU Sues Trump Admin Over Canceled Grants Tied to DEI, Gender Identity Research

ACLU, public health orgs, unions, and researchers, filed federal lawsuit accusing NIH of unlawfully canceling research grants due to political and ideological pressure.

US Immigration Services Drops 3rd Gender Option

US immigration services agency officially updated policy to recognize only two biological sexes—male and female—for all immigration-related doc and benefit requests.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central