Israel Says It Has Killed Top Hezbollah Commander in Beirut Strike

The Epoch Times Header

An IDF airstrike killed Ibrahim Aqil while he met with other senior commanders in an underground bunker outside Beirut.

In yet another devastating strike on Hezbollah, Israeli officials said an Israeli airstrike on Sept. 20 killed its operations commander and a dozen other top leaders as they met in a bunker beneath a residential building outside Beirut, Lebanon.

Hezbollah had responded overnight, as it promised it would, to this week’s deadly exploding pager and radio attacks, launching nearly 150 rockets at Israel.

Israeli officials have not directly commented on the attacks and have not said whether Israel’s military was involved.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) confirmed Ibrahim Aqil was killed in the Sept. 20 airstrike.

Aqil was Hezbollah’s operations commander, head of its elite Radwan Forces, in line to become second-in-command to leader Hassan Nasrallah, and long wanted by the United States for his directing the 1983 U.S. Embassy and Marine barracks bombings in Beirut.

About 10 senior operations and Radwan commanders were also killed in the bombing strike, the IDF said.

The IDF said Aqil was planning Hezbollah’s version of Hamas’s deadly Oct. 7, 2023, attacks, in which northern Israeli communities would be infiltrated and their residents murdered.

Hezbollah Pager Explosions

Earlier in the week, Hezbollah pagers, and in a second wave handheld radios, exploded on their users’ belts or in their hands, killing nine and wounding more than 2,800.

Hezbollah’s rocket attack was one of its largest ever. The IDF, which tends to minimize damage reports, said that some of the rockets were shot down while many others landed in open areas. Some of those set fires and few Israeli casualties were reported.

The IDF said about 120 rockets were fired at the Golan Heights, Safed, and Upper Galilee, and another 20 at the areas of Meron and Netua.

Israeli press reports, though, said around 50 houses in Israel’s northernmost community, Metula, were damaged by rockets in the overnight barrage. Over 300 houses, around half of all homes, have been damaged since Oct. 8, 2023. Many homes back up to the Lebanese border.

By Dan M. Berger

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

Columns

Justice Delayed is Justice Denied, Prosecute Jeffrey Goldberg!

Jeffrey Goldberg reported on his mistaken inclusion in a signal chat as a hit piece on Trump. Should he be prosecuted under the Espionage Act?

Zelensky Has No Feasible Alternative To Accepting Trump’s Lopsided Resource Deal

Trump warned Zelensky he will have “some problems – big, big problems” if he “tries to back out of the rare earth deal” amidst reports agreement is lopsided.

DOGE and Musk Recover Deleted Computer Files

Elon Musk and his “Geek Squad” discovered an entire terabyte of data was deleted from government servers from the office of the “Institute of Peace”.

A Simple Question

What is a woman? Anyone with an IQ above room temperature can answer the question. Everyone, that is, except Democrats.

Democrats Tesla Takedown is a Proven Astro Turf Movement

Elon Musk and other journalistic leaders like Joe Rogan have been asking the critical question, “Who is behind the organization of these Tesla protests?”

News

Stellantis Pausing Production at Canada, Mexico Plants; 900 US Workers Temporarily Laid Off

Stellantis is pausing production at two assembly plants in Canada and Mexico, resulting in temporary layoffs at five U.S. facilities that supply them.

States to Certify Anti-Discrimination Commitment or Lose Federal Education Funding

State ed. agencies must certify that schools under their jurisdiction are not discriminating based on race or national origin for future federal funding.

Pentagon Watchdog Launches Investigation Into Hegseth Over Use of Signal

The inspector general for the Department of Defense is investigating Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth over his use of the messaging app Signal.

Court Dismisses Appeal of Order Blocking DOGE From Social Security

An appeals court this week dismissed the Trump administration’s appeal of a lower court order that blocked the DOGE from obtaining Social Security data.

US Layoffs Top 275,000 in March, Driven by Government Job Cuts: Report

Layoffs announced by U.S.-based employers soared in March to highest level since COVID-19 pandemic, with govt job cuts accounting for most headcount reduction.

Dow Jones Drops 1,500 Points a Day After Trump Tariff Announcement

U.S. stock indexes dropped after Trump's sweeping tariffs of 10 percent or higher, with Dow Jones plunging by 1,500 points at one point in early trading.

ACLU Sues Trump Admin Over Canceled Grants Tied to DEI, Gender Identity Research

ACLU, public health orgs, unions, and researchers, filed federal lawsuit accusing NIH of unlawfully canceling research grants due to political and ideological pressure.

US Immigration Services Drops 3rd Gender Option

US immigration services agency officially updated policy to recognize only two biological sexes—male and female—for all immigration-related doc and benefit requests.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central