Mike Benz: The Rise of Censorship

5Mind. The Meme Platform

PART 1: Mike Benz: The West’s Burgeoning Censorship Industry & the Gov’t Funds Pouring In

February 2, 2023

“Whoever can control the Department of Dirty Tricks is able to use it to remove all opposition.”

The Twitter Files were just the tip of the iceberg, says Mike Benz, who has been tracking the rise of the West’s censorship industry for years.

“22 million tweets were categorized as misinformation for purposes of takedowns or throttling through [the Election Integrity Partnership],” Benz says.

“It wasn’t just government individual takedown requests. It was government pressure…to create whole new categories of things to censor and then arming them with the artificial intelligence to then automatically scan and ban the new thought violations.”

In this comprehensive two-part interview, he breaks down the major players in today’s censorship regime and how tactics once used abroad were deployed to target Americans and so-called election “delegitimization” or COVID “misinformation” online.

“Graphika was immediately working with NATO’s essentially psychological warfare branch—the the Hybrid Center of Excellence—in January 2020…They had this sophisticated typography of what right-wing media was saying, what left wing media was saying, what was being shared, the nodes and links between nodes of all the different narrative discourses on social media.”

Benz is the executive director of the Foundation for Freedom Online and a former State Department diplomat under the Trump administration.

“They will have a revolving door at the professional level. That is, people who are in government roles, for example, in Misinformation, Disinformation, and Malinformation at DHS will get their next jobs at the German Marshall Fund or the Atlantic Council’s Digital Forensic Research Lab…It is a career path. It is a path to power,” Benz says.

Watch Full Video on EpochTV

PART 2: Mike Benz: How the ‘Department of Dirty Tricks’ Turned on Americans

February 4, 2023

Previously, in part one of my interview with Mike Benz, he explained the existence of a “whole-of-society” censorship industry in the West. Benz has been tracking the rise of censorship for years as executive director of the Foundation for Freedom Online and a former State Department diplomat.

Now in part two, Benz explains how tools originally developed to promote regime change were deployed against Americans.

“What you are doing in a regime-change operation is you are operationalizing huge masses of an indigenous or domestic population in order to create a ground-up overthrow of a sitting government. And in order to do that, you need to control the media infrastructure, you need to control the narratives that people believe… What was new is that in 2016, this began coming home,” Benz says.

Changes in America also corresponded with changes in the broader Western world, Benz says. “There became a whole new military doctrine—it’s not a new concept, [but] I think it was given a new name—called hybrid warfare. NATO declared a new doctrine called ‘from tanks to tweets.’”

And a whole new lexicon emerged to describe the new censorship regime, Benz says, from “digital resilience” to “media literacy” to “moderation” and “intervention.”

“Whoever can control the Department of Dirty Tricks is able to use it to remove all opposition,” Benz says.

Watch Full Video on EpochTV

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

“Despite” the Truth

Despite signals media skepticism—like “bless his heart”—subtly masking criticism of Trump’s policies and their real-world impact.

Project Anchor 8/12/2026 Gravity Stops for 7 Seconds

Viral story claims a shadowy “Project Anchor” government operation exists above top secret classification, fueling online speculation and intrigue.

Rubio’s Munich Speech Detailed Trump 2.0’s Envisaged New World Order

Sec. of State & Nat’l Security Adv., Marco Rubio, delivered a historic speech at the Munich Security Conference on Trump 2.0’s world order.

Federalism Isn’t a Relic — It’s America’s Political Shock Absorber

The resistance movement in Minneapolis is a glimpse of future conflict over the expansion of federal power, federalism, and the essential role of states.

Republican Voter Surge Shocks!

"Young and minority Americans, including Gen Z and Gen Alpha, are shifting from left to right, influenced by figures like Kirk, Presler, and Minaj."

Man Pleads Guilty to Assaulting Immigration Enforcement Officer During California Riot

California man pleads guilty to hurling concrete at occupied federal immigration vehicles during LA riots, injuring an officer.

Rev. Jesse Jackson Dies Aged 84

U.S. civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson has died aged 84, according to a Feb. 17 announcement by his family.

2 High-Profile Transgender Surgery Cases Head to Trial

Two high-profile detransitioner cases involving women surgically altered as teens are headed to trial in 2027, raising legal and medical questions nationwide.

New Research Suggests Cause of Rare Blood-Clotting Side Effect From COVID-19 Vaccine

New research published in The New England Journal of Medicine suggests the cause of a rare blood-clotting side effect came from the COVID-19 Vaccine.

Rubio’s Warm Munich Address Carries Stark Warning for Europe

The Munich Security Conference wrapped up, but Sec. of State Marco Rubio’s speech is still making waves in the United States and Europe.

DOGE Says It Helped Terminate Billions of Dollars in New Contracts

DOGE helped terminate hundreds of contracts in the past month or so, providing the first public update on its work in more than a month.

Trump Admin Unveils Maritime Action Plan to Revive US Shipbuilding

The Trump administration unveiled a comprehensive Maritime Action Plan on Feb. 13 meant to resurrect the U.S. shipbuilding sector.

Trump Says US Military ‘Best-Trained, Best-Equipped’ Under His Administration

President Donald Trump highlighted military successes and investments during a speech to soldiers in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central