New Secret Service Director Announces Changes in Wake of Trump Assassination Attempt

5Mind. The Meme Platform
The Epoch Times Header

Ronald Rowe said he’s ashamed that a roof near the rally was not better secured.

The Secret Service is making changes in the wake of the assassination attempt against former President Donald Trump, the agency’s new acting director announced on July 30.

Acting Director Ronald Rowe Jr. said that he traveled to the site of the July 13 rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, where the former president was shot by a man who fired from the roof of the nearby AGR building.

“What I saw made me ashamed,” Mr. Rowe told two U.S. Senate committees on Capitol Hill. “As a career law enforcement officer, and a twenty-five-year veteran with the Secret Service, I cannot defend why that roof was not better secured.”

He added, “To prevent similar lapses from occurring in the future, I directed our personnel to ensure every event site security plan is thoroughly vetted by multiple experienced supervisors before it is implemented.”

Mr. Rowe said he believed agents had plenty of time to plan for the rally and called what happened a “failure on multiple levels.”

In addition to former President Trump, three others were struck by bullets. One died.

Mr. Rowe assumed the director position after Kimberly Cheatle, the presidential appointee who was serving as director, stepped down a week after the former president was hit with a bullet.

Ms. Cheatle, in remarks before Congress before she resigned, said the assassination attempt represented the Secret Service’s “most significant operational failure in decades.”

Lawmakers from both parties said the Secret Service should have secured the rooftop of the nearby building, or made sure other law enforcement officers secured the rooftop.

Snipers spotted Mr. Crooks 1 hour and 45 minutes before shots were fired, according to texts disclosed this week, but no officers detained the suspicious person, according to officials.

After Mr. Crooks fired the shots, he was taken out by a Secret Service sniper, officials have said.

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas appointed Mr. Rowe to serve as acting director. Mr. Rowe has been part of the Secret Service for 24 years. He was previously the agency’s deputy director.

By Zachary Stieber

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

CDC to Nuke Newborn Hepatitis B Vaccine Recommendation?

ACIP will consider the case against giving hepatitis B vaccines to newborns whose mothers are not infected, arguing the shots may be unnecessary.

Ukraine’s Anti-Corruption Investigation Is Turning Into A Rolling Coup

Russian Ambassador Rodion Miroshnik claims Yermak was dismissed to shield Zelensky as pressure mounts from an ongoing investigation.

An Unseen Tale of Marjorie Taylor Greene

The sudden resignation of Georgia Republican Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene has had journalists and political pundits pondering.

The highway’s hidden hazards

America’s highways, already a patchwork of potholes and billboards, face a deeper crisis in illegal drivers.

‘Social Infertility’: Where Biomedical Profiteering Intersects Social Justice™

“The global surrogacy* market was estimated at USD 22.4 billion...

What to Know About the ‘764’ Online Predator Network and the Federal Crackdown

DOJ officials are attempting to crack down on an online predator network known as “764,” as online exploitation of vulnerable groups increases.

Afghan Parolee Charged With Terroristic Threat

The case, in addition to a recent shooting of...

Cartels Are Scrambling as Fentanyl Precursor Supply From China Dries Up: FBI Director

Beijing halted fentanyl precursor exports, leaving cartels in Mexico, Venezuela, and Colombia scrambling for alternatives that don’t exist.

Trump Says He Will Pardon Ex-Honduran President Convicted by Jury in US Drug Case

President Trump grants a full pardon to ex-Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez, who is serving 45 years in the U.S. for drug and firearms convictions.

Trump Says He Is Canceling All Biden Executive Orders Signed With Autopen

President Trump announced he is revoking executive orders and other presidential actions previously signed by former President Joe Biden using an autopen.

Trump Says US May Cut Income Tax Completely in Next Couple of Years Due to Tariff Income

Trump said the U.S. could end income taxes within a few years, citing tariff revenue as the reason such a shift might be possible.

USCIS Stops Processing All Afghan Immigration Requests After DC National Guard Shooting

USCIS has stopped processing all immigration requests relating to Afghan nationals indefinitely pending further review of security and vetting protocols,
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central