Tucker Carlson Announces He’s Launching New Show on Twitter

The Epoch Times Header

Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson released a video on Tuesday afternoon saying he will bring a new show to Twitter.

“Starting soon, we’ll be bringing a new version of the show to Twitter,” Carlson said in his first remarks about his future post-Fox plans. It’s “the show we’ve been doing for the last six and a half years” but will come to Twitter, he added.

“We bring some other things, too, which we’ll tell you about. But for now, we’re just grateful to be here. Free speech is the main right that you have. Without it, you have no others,” Carlson said.

Carlson also praised Twitter, which was bought by Tesla owner Elon Musk late last year, for being one of the few “platforms left that allow free speech.” He noted that in the U.S. media business, there are rules governing “what you can’t say,” which he said undermines the U.S. Constitution’s First Amendment.

“Speech is the fundamental pre-requisite for democracy. That’s why it was enshrined in the first of our Constitutional amendments,” he added. “Amazingly, as of tonight, there are not that many platforms left that allow free speech. The last big one remaining … is Twitter, where we are now.”

Because of “limits” that are imposed on media figures and journalists, if one bumps “against those limits often enough you will be fired for it,” saying, “That’s not a guess, that’s guaranteed.”

In the video, he did not elaborate on how long the show will be, when it will start, or if he came to an agreement with Musk. There were unconfirmed reports this week claiming that Carlson spoke with Musk about a possible program on the social media network.

Carlson’s video has since racked up millions of thousands of views and impressions a few minutes after it was posted. A previous video that Carlson released on his account days after he left Fox generated nearly 100 million impressions.

“On this platform, unlike the one-way street of broadcast, people are able to interact, critique and refute whatever is said. And, of course, anything misleading will get @CommunityNotes . I also want to be clear that we have not signed a deal of any kind whatsoever,” Musk wrote.

By Jack Phillips

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

Columns

WATCH: Biden Disinfo Czar/Dystopian Mary Poppins Re-Emerges For Horrific Congressional Testimony

The self-professed “Mary Poppins of disinformation,” Nina Jankowicz, emerged from whatever troll-cave she’s been living in to testify to Congress,

Justice Delayed is Justice Denied, Prosecute Jeffrey Goldberg!

Jeffrey Goldberg reported on his mistaken inclusion in a signal chat as a hit piece on Trump. Should he be prosecuted under the Espionage Act?

My Magnum Opus, Broken English Teacher: ¡Notes From Exile!, FINALLY Republished

Benjamin Bartee's Magnum Opus, Broken English Teacher: ¡Notes From Exile!, has FINALLY been republished. Get Your copy NOW!!!

Zelensky Has No Feasible Alternative To Accepting Trump’s Lopsided Resource Deal

Trump warned Zelensky he will have “some problems – big, big problems” if he “tries to back out of the rare earth deal” amidst reports agreement is lopsided.

DOGE and Musk Recover Deleted Computer Files

Elon Musk and his “Geek Squad” discovered an entire terabyte of data was deleted from government servers from the office of the “Institute of Peace”.

News

Trump Says China Panicked By Imposing Retaliatory Tariffs

‘My policies will never change,’ Trump said on social...

Dow Jones Slides More Than 1,500 Points Amid Tariff Announcements

During Friday morning trading, the three major U.S. stock...

Federal Judge Temporarily Blocks HHS From Cutting $11 Billion in Public Health Funding

A federal judge on April 3 granted a temporary restraining order blocking the HHS from cutting more than $11 billion in public health funding.

US Economy Adds Hotter-Than-Expected 228,000 New Jobs in March

The U.S. labor market remained robust in March amid market turmoil and growing economic concerns, new data show.

Stellantis Pausing Production at Canada, Mexico Plants; 900 US Workers Temporarily Laid Off

Stellantis is pausing production at two assembly plants in Canada and Mexico, resulting in temporary layoffs at five U.S. facilities that supply them.

States to Certify Anti-Discrimination Commitment or Lose Federal Education Funding

State ed. agencies must certify that schools under their jurisdiction are not discriminating based on race or national origin for future federal funding.

Pentagon Watchdog Launches Investigation Into Hegseth Over Use of Signal

The inspector general for the Department of Defense is investigating Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth over his use of the messaging app Signal.

Court Dismisses Appeal of Order Blocking DOGE From Social Security

An appeals court this week dismissed the Trump administration’s appeal of a lower court order that blocked the DOGE from obtaining Social Security data.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central